Romeo And Juliet Essay Topics: How To Write A Wonderful Paper
Romeo and Juliet is one of the most famous works of William Shakespeare. It’s no wonder that your literature teacher may ask you to write a Romeo and Juliet argumentative essay. To complete this task successfully, you’ll need to select an interesting subject of discussion related to this play.
A List of Romeo and Juliet Essay Topics
- The relationship of Romeo and Juliet were doomed to fail.
- The behavior of Juliet is similar to those of modern feminists.
- The role of Tybalt in the play is very important.
- Romeo and Juliet is a tragedy rather than romance.
- Romeo doesn’t love Juliet for real.
- The parenting style of Juliet’s parents had a serious impact on her personality.
- Romeo and Juliet would make a great reality show on TV.
- Romeo and Juliet are the only ones to blame for their own deaths.
- Mercutio is one of the best Shakespearean characters.
- Paris would suit Juliet better than Romeo.
Tips for Writing a Wonderful Essay on Romeo and Juliet
- Read the play on your own.
- Use citations from the play.
- Use other sources to support your arguments.
It’s highly recommended to read the books that you’re required to write academic papers about. If you only know the general plot of the story, you won’t be able to analyze any specific aspects of it at all.
In order to persuade the reader in your main idea, you’ll have to support your arguments with good evidence. Discussing a piece of literature, you should defend your points by demonstrating the relevant quotations from its text. For this reason, it’s recommended to highlight the needed passages in advance and use them in your own paper.
It’s likely that you won’t notice every interesting detail that Shakespeare has put in the novel if you read it only once or twice. In order to find more supporting elements for your arguments, you may read the works of famous critics and experts in the Shakespearean literature.
As you can see, if you’re required to compose an argumentative paper on Romeo and Juliet, there are many interesting ideas that you may try to persuade your readers in. It’s advisable to pick a topic that is genuinely interesting for you to discuss and write about. Keep in mind, however, that to make your paper successful, you should also put plenty of effort into the writing process in order to convey your ideas clearly and persuasively.